TWRP is an acronym for Team Win Recovery Project, and it is an open source custom recovery image developed for many devices around the world. The work from Team Win is also the most popular custom recovery image for people to flash. Most people prefer TWRP because it has so many great features. Most people use TWRP to flash a custom ROM or for getting root access. The rooting is often done by installing SuperSU from the custom recovery which results in the SuperSU being enabled correctly unlike if you were to install it directly on a device from the Google Play Store.
Here is everything that you need to install TWRP Recovery on ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphones so you can use it to flash custom ROMs, kernels or get root access to become the root user on the Android operating system which allows you to install more apps:
- You do not need to unlock the bootloader before following this guide. ZTE has not unlocked the bootloader yet, but it doesn’t matter because you can install TWRP Recovery on the ZTE Nubia Z11 with the bootloader locked.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You need to have the Developer options menu unlocked on the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone so you can then enable the USB debugging mode from the Developer options menu.
- Install the ZTE USB Drivers on the Windows computer before getting started with this guide so that the custom recovery tool can detect your device and allow for the flashing.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON ZTE NUBIA Z11
- Download the TWRP package for the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone to the computer.
- Open the Downloads folder on the PC and extract the TWRP file to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that is used for charging the battery.
- Type *#7678# on the ZTE smartphone keypad and enable both of the options that present themselves on the screen.
- Double-click on the .exe file that is now on the desktop and has been there since you extracted the TWRP file earlier in the guide.
- Choose option one from the menu and it will install the Qualcomm USB Driver on the computer before continuing with the next step.
- Select option number two from the menu, and it will install the TWRP Recovery on the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone.
In conclusion, that is how to install TWRP Recovery on ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphones so you can choose to root the device if you wish or install ROMs and even take NANDroid Backups. Remember that a custom recovery image also allows for you to recover a device just like the stock recovery usually, would. All you need to do is boot the ZTE smartphone into the Recovery Mode the same way you usually would get into the stock recovery mode with the hardware keys. Should you choose to root it later, you can also install the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store.
Now you can find out what it takes to root ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates from the custom recovery image that you just installed.