These days the stock Android ROM is becoming more unobjectionable to the Android monomaniac, but there are still oodles of reasons to become the root user. Some people look at becoming the root user as a way of gaining more power. Others prefer to look at it as a state of freedom.
These are the instructions that you need to root LG K10 smartphones when they are running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates:
- You need to have installed a custom recovery image on the LG K10 smartphone before you can follow this guide that roots the same device. You can follow the link through to install the TWRP Recovery or install another custom recovery of your choice. All of them should have the features required to do what is done during this guide for getting the root access.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Experts recommend that you follow this guide and download the SuperSU to the computer before transferring it over to the SD card. Our steps in this tutorial show you everything that is required to get that done.
HOW TO ROOT LG K10 RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP SOFTWARE UPDATES
- Download Chainfire’s SuperSU package directly on the computer and then open the default downloads folder where it has ended up. (That is the Downloads folder for Windows users unless you have changed the default downloads location manually).
- Connect the LG K10 smartphone to the computer with the same USB cable that you usually use for charging the battery.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file (still zipped) to the internal storage SD card folder available on the computer for the LG K10 that appears when you have the phone connected to the computer.
- Unplug the LG K10 smartphone from the computer once you know you definitely have the SuperSU zip file on the internal storage and ready to install.
- Turn off the smartphone and then reboot the LG K10 into the Recovery Mode by pressing the hardware key combination for that mode.
- Choose to take the NANDroid options from the Recovery menu by tapping on the Backup button if you have not backed up any time lately.
- Select the Install button from the Recovery menu and then follow the guidelines to browse the SD card and select the SuperSU zip file to install.
- Swipe the bottom of the display where it says you need to swipe to install it if you are using TWRP or follow the guidelines to complete the installation of the SuperSU if you are using another custom recovery.
- Choose the Reboot option followed by System from the Recovery menu once the SuperSU flashing is complete.
In conclusion, that is how to root LG K10 smartphones running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates by flashing a suitable version of Chainfire’s SuperSU from a custom recovery partition. The custom recovery is what makes it all possible by giving us a modified recovery to get the SuperSU not only installed but enabled correctly too. Now your device reboots back into the normal mode, and you can see the SuperSU app available from the app drawer. There is no need to change the settings from within the SuperSU app although you are welcome to check them out if you wish by tapping on the app just like you would any other. The root apps are waiting for you to install them and runs effectively immediately.