The developers behind the Team Win Recovery Project have not yet created an official custom recovery image for the LG K10 smartphone but there is a version of TWRP available for people to install and hopefully, the officiate version will be available soon. The way we install them both remains the same so we will probably update the link with an official version soon.
Here is everything you need to get the TWRP Recovery installed on the LG K10 smartphone so you can do some nifty tricks like install a new ROM or even get root access with Chainfire’s SuperSU:
- You must unlock the LG K10 bootloader before you can follow this guide to installing the custom recovery on the device.
- You need to have the LG K10 smartphone before you flash the version of custom recovery available in this guide. Most custom recovery images are only available for one device and installing them on the wrong device can brick it.
- You must have a computer that is running on the Windows operating system when you follow this guide. The version of ADB available in this post is available working for Windows. There are other versions of ADB out there available for the other operating systems, but you also need to run separate commands with those which is why we do not include them in this guide. However, if you know those commands and have the ADB set up then you can use the same version of the TWRP file that is available in this guide and flash it on your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the ADB Drivers on the computer so that ADB can run nice and smoothly.
- Install the LG USB Drivers on the Windows computer so when you connect the LG k10 smartphone to the computer it can talk to and get along the computer programs.
- Make sure that the LG K10 smartphone has the Developer Options menu unlocked and the USB debugging mode enabled so you can make some changes to the Android software which is what is required to install a custom recovery.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON LG K10 SMARTPHONES
- Download the TWRP Recovery on the LG K10 smartphone directly to the computer.
- Set up the ADB for Windows on the computer and then make sure you come back to this guide to complete the remaining steps when it is done.
- Connect the LG K10 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that is used for battery charging.
- Open the Downloads folder that is on the PC where your TWRP file has ended up by default and then copy the TWRP file over to the same folder as the ADB, so both archives are available from the one directory.
- Extract the TWRP file to the ADB folder now, so the custom recovery files are available.
- From inside the ADB and TWRP folder, hold down the Shift key and right-click the white background to bring up a new menu.
- Select the option that lets you open a new command window here from that new menu.
- Type the adb reboot bootloader command to get the LG K10 smartphone into the bootloader mode.
- Enter the fastboot flash twrp3_k430-berkantkz.img to get the custom recovery image flashed on the LG K10 smartphone.
- Type the fastboot reboot command to restart the smartphone but make sure you hold the hardware key combination to boot the LG K10 smartphone into the Recovery Mode so it first-time boots into recovery and not normal mode.
In conclusion, that is how to install TWRP Recovery on LG K10 smartphone by using the ADB on a Windows computer. You should reboot into the Recovery Mode during the first-time boot to prevent the stock recovery from wiping the work you just did which can sometimes cause the custom recovery to disappear. Now it’s time to check out what it takes to root the LG K10 smartphone running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software updates.