The following guide demonstrates everything you need for installing the TWRP Recovery—the world’s most popular custom recovery image to install today—on the LG K7 smartphone:
- You must unlock the LG K7 bootloader before you can follow this guide to flashing a custom recovery image on the device.
- The TWRP file available in this guide is only available for the LG K7 smartphone and installing it on any other smartphone is dangerous and could brick the device. Do not install this file on any other device.
- You need to have a Windows computer to be able to use this guide because out version of the ADB is for Windows operating systems only. There are other versions of ADB that work for the other operating systems, and you can install them if you wish. However, those versions also require a separate command to enter when entering the commands from the command line.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the ADB Driver on the Windows computer so that ADB can work without issues when it is running.
- Install the LG USB Drivers on the computer so that the LG K7 smartphone can connect to the computer and its programs without issues.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the LG K7 smartphone and enable the USB debugging mode from the Developer Options menu before getting started with the guide so that you can make changes to the Android software that is running on your device. It too is a requirement for the LG K7 smartphone before the TWRP is installed.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON LG K7 SMARTPHONES
- Download the TWRP Recovery file for the LG K7 smartphone directly to the computer.
- Set up the ADB for Windows computers and then come back and continue with this guide when you have completed that guide.
- Open the Downloads folder on the PC and drag the TWRP file over to the same folder as the ADB and then extract the TWRP file inside that same folder, so everything is together in the one directory still.
- Connect the LG K7 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that is used for charging the battery.
- Open the ADB and TWRP folder and hold down the Shift key while right-clicking the mouse on the white background of the folder to bring up a new menu where you need to choose the open a new command window here option from the menu.
- Type the adb reboot bootloader command to get the LG K7 smartphone into the bootloader mode and ready for flashing.
- Enter the fastboot flash recovery twrp-image-3.img command to flash the custom recovery image to the LG K7 smartphone so that the TWRP is officially installed.
- Type the fastboot reboot command and then hold down the hardware key combination for the usual stock recovery mode and the custom recovery now boots up on the display.
In conclusion, that is how to install TWRP Recovery on LG K7 smartphones so you can go on to learn what it takes to root the LG K7 smartphone running on Android 5.1 Lollipop software updates and install custom ROMs. You needed to first-time boot the LG K7 smartphone into the Recovery Mode just in case the stock recovery wiped over the work> Once you have got into the custom recovery once it is always going to be there now until you reflash the stock recovery or stock ROM.