Have you ever tried to reset an app’s data on Windows 10? Using the Window’s 10 anniversary update, it is easy to reset an app’s data on Windows 10 machine without reinstalling your app. Using this feature, you can reset an app’s data on Windows 10 when your app has gone to a bad condition or when you need to go back to default settings.
Before resetting an app’s data on Windows 10, you should keep in mind that all the cached data and settings will be lost. Resetting an app’s data on Windows 10 works only on the “Universal Windows platform” apps. Those are apps that are available in the Windows store and can be easily installed from there.
How to Reset a UWP App’s Data on Windows 10
To reset a UWP app’s data on Windows 10 is comparatively easy when compared to resetting a Windows desktop application. Still, you need to follow the steps carefully to make sure you don’t mess it up.
Steps to Reset a UWP App’s Data on Windows 10 Machine
- To reset a UWP app’s data on Windows 10, from the “Start” menu, go to the “Settings App.”
- Now, from “System”, select the “Apps and Features” option.
- You must search for the app that you need to reset.
- The next step is to select the app and then right click on the app and select the “Advanced Options” link below the application name.
- Choose the option “Reset” to reset app’s settings.
- If you wish to clear your app’s data, by clicking on the reset option for the second time, you can clear the app’s data. Once you clear the data, you cannot bring it back. Therefore, confirm that you really wish to clear the data.
Resetting the Windows Desktop Application
As discussed earlier, to reset desktop application is not as easy as resetting a UWP app’s data on Windows 10 machine.
Before you decide to reset the Windows desktop application data, you should be 100% sure about what you are going to do. You cannot find a standard method to reset the Windows desktop application. There is no option like “Advanced Options” that will help you with the resetting. You need to adopt some tricks to reset the desktop application.
A few applications have a built in feature to reset, whereas for other applications you need to dig deeper. You need to go to program specific folders under the “AppData” to delete a specific folder. In most cases, it will work on reinstalling after uninstalling it. If you wish to reset without deleting the application, you must search using Google to find the steps to reset that specific app.
With the number of apps increasing by the day, it becomes highly essential to reset certain app’s data on Windows 10 machine. Any person will be able to reset an app’s data on Windows 10 machine by following the methods given above. The only thing is that the user needs to be careful when doing it. If anything goes wrong, the user will have to uninstall the app and reinstall it.