If you have grand plans for your HTC One X9 smartphone and would like to start flashing new ROMs and kernels, then you need to get a custom recovery image installed before you can do that. Likewise, anyone who is interested in installing root apps will know that they need to get access to the root user account that Linux kernels have before they can do that. That’s possible to do by flashing the SuperSU by Chainfire from the custom recovery image also.
Here is what one needs to install TWRP Recovery on HTC One X9 smartphones so installing SuperSU for root access and flashing new ROMs and kernels is all possible.
- You need to have unlocked the HTC One X9 bootloader on the smartphone before you can follow this guide to install a custom recovery image.
- You need a computer that runs on a version of the Windows operating system to use this guide because the ADB available in this guide only installs on Windows operating systems. It is possible to install ADB on other operating systems and run different commands for ADB from those too. If you plan on going down that route, you can flash the same custom recovery image file available in this guide from your other ADB as long as you have the right commands for doing it.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure that you have the Developer Options menu on the HTC One X9 smartphone unlocked and the USB Debugging Mode enabled from the Developer Options menu so that the Android software that is running on your device allows you to make the necessary changes to it for the rooting to work.
HOW TO FLASH TWRP RECOVERY ON HTC ONE X9 SMARTPHONES
- Install the ADB Driver on the computer before getting started with the rest of the guide.
- Learn everything you need to set up ADB on a Windows computer and then come back and continue with this guide when you have done that task.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the HTC One X9 smartphone and then extract it to the Downloads folder on the computer.
- Connect the HTC One X9 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the TWRP Recovery files from the Downloads folder over to the same folder as the ADB.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse anywhere in the background of the ADB folder and choose to open a command window here from the menu.
- Type the command “adb reboot bootloader” to get the HTC One X9 smartphone into the bootloader mode that it needs to be in before you flash the custom recovery image on the smartphone.
- Type the command “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-e56ml.img” to flash the custom recovery on the HTC One X9 smartphone.
- Type the command “adb reboot” to reboot the smartphone back into the normal mode and as soon as you see it reboot holds down the hardware button combination for the Recovery Mode so that it first-time boots into the new recovery image that you just flashed.
In conclusion, that is all you need to have installed TWRP Recovery on HTC One X9 smartphones so you can run a custom recovery for flashing things like custom ROMs or programs such as SuperSU that help you get control of the root user account so that you can start installing the root requiring applications. Speaking of which, if you do want access to the root user account you can follow to guide for finding out how to root the HTC One X9 smartphone running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates by using the custom recovery that you just installed.