Rooting with the CF-Auto-Root tool allows you to install any of the root applications on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928N0 smartphone that you could not install without root access.
Speaking of which, here’s how to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928N0 smartphones running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates:
- You need to have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone that comes with the SM-G928N0 model number to use this guide.
- You need to have a computer that runs on a version of the Windows operating system.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Chainfire had the MMB29K.G928N0KOU1BPC5 firmware build number running on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928N0 smartphone when the version of the rooting tool that is available in this guide was developed. He doesn’t suggest that you need to be running on the same firmware as him, however.
- On the computer that you’re using, install the Samsung USB Drivers needed to flash the rooting file. Make sure to do this before you get started with the guide.
- Check that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ handset does have the USB Debugging Mode enabled before getting started with the guide.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE+ SM-G928N0 RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW UPDATES WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the correct CF-Auto-Root tool for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928N0 running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Open the Downloads folder to find your file and then extract it to the Downloads folder and run the Odin flashing tool application.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928N0 smartphone into the Download Mode and then connect it to the computer with its USB cable.
- Check Odin shows a color coming from the ID: COM port so you can see the drivers are working.
- Click on the AP button from the Odin app and then browse trough to the Downloads folder and select the rooting MD5 file so that it uploads to the Odin,
- Click on the Start button, and the rooting begins.
- Check the messages that start rolling down the display of the smartphone that has been programmed to let you know what is happening while the rooting happens.
- Wait until you get a green pass message from Odin before unplugging the phone from the computer.
So there you have it! Just refer to this guide if you want to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928N0 running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool that Chainfire has developed. The rooting tool installs and enables the SuperSU on the smartphone so you can start installing any of the apps that require root permissions.