Here is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928P smartphones on the Android 6.0.1 updates:
- You need to have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone that comes with the SM-G928P model number to use this guide.
- You need to have a computer that runs on a version of the Windows operating system to use this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure that you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled from the Developer Options menu before getting started with the guide or else you won’t be able to make the changes to the Android software.
- If the computer you are using does not have them installed already, install the Samsung USB Drivers so that the Odin flashing tool can identify your smartphone when you connect it to your PC.
- Note that Chainfire was running on the MMB29K.G928PVPU2BPC3 firmware build number when he created the rooting file that is available in this guide. You don’t need to be running on the same firmware build number as him, though. As long as you are running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, then the guide should work for you.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE+ SM-G928P RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW SOFTWARE UPDATES WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928P smartphone running on the Android 6.0.1 updates and then open up the Downloads folder on the computer to find your file.
- Extract the rooting file to the same Downloads folder so you can use it and then run the Odin flashing application that is in the same folder.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928P smartphone into the Download Mode and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Check that Odin shows a color from the ID: COM port so you know that the drivers are working and then click on the AP button.
- Browse through to the Downloads folder and click on the rooting MD5 file to upload it to the Odin.
- Click on the Start button from the Odin and then the rooting begins.
- Have a read of the information that is programmed to run down the display of the smartphone when the rooting begins so you know what is happening.
- Wait until Odin shows a pass message from the app on the computer before disconnecting.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928P smartphones when they are running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool. The smartphone now reboots back into the normal mode, and the SuperSU applications are installed. That’s the new app that the rooting tool installed and enabled on your device. It means your device is now ready to start having the root apps installed on it. Most of them can be found from the Google Play Store. The rest are available from XDA-Developers or Google Search.