The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928R4 smartphone can be rooted by flashing the CF-Auto-Root one-click rooting tool by Chainfire. CF-Auto-Root is Chainfire’s one-click method of getting the SuperSU installed and enabled on the smartphone without the need of you having a custom recovery image installed on the device beforehand.
- You need to have a computer that is running on a version of the Windows operating system to use this guide. Other operating systems are not capable of running the Odin flashing tool, and thus the rooting file cannot be flashed without Windows.
- You need to have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone that comes with the SM-G928R4 model number to use this guide. Any other model number gets bricked when you flash the version of the rooting file in this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that Chainfire tells us that he was running on the MMB29K.G928R4TYU2BPB6 firmware build number when he developed the version of the rooting tool that is available in this guide. It does not suggest you need to be running on the same firmware when you follow this guide. Any version of the Android 6.01 should work just the same.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer before you get started.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu and enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928R4 smartphone so you can make changes to the Android software.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE+ SM-G928R4 RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW SOFTWARE UPDATES WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928R4 smartphone directly to the computer and then open up the Downloads folder on the PC to locate your file.
- Extract the rooting file to the Downloads folder and then run the Odin flashing tool application that is available from the Downloads folder.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928R4 smartphone into the Download Mode and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Check that Odin shows a color coming from the ID: COM port and then click on the AP button in Odin.
- Browse through to the Downloads folder and click on the rooting MD5 file so that it uploads to the Odin application.
- Click on the Start button, and the rooting of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928R4 smartphone begins.
- Read all of the information that is now rolling down the display of the smartphone so you know what to expect and then wait for the Odin to show a pass message.
In conclusion, you can refer to the above-mentioned steps to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928R4 smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the CF-Auto-Root tool. You now have the SuperSU app on your device, and it is already successfully installed and enabled and ready to start granting the rooting permissions over the root apps that need it before they can run. The SuperSU doesn’t give everything root access by default, so your operating system is still secure. SuperSU blocks everything you install by default and then sends you a message when something requests root access. It is then you who needs to choose what is given the root access and what is denied based on the names of the apps that SuperSU shows you.