Have you decided to get rid of your Twitter account from an iPhone? You can go through the process of deleting your Twitter account from an iPhone without actually deactivating the real Twitter account. Yes, you are just going to delete Twitter account from the Twitter app in your iPhone. But, if your aim is to delete your Twitter account altogether, then you can do that also from your iPhone. Let’s see how to perform both these actions.
What is Twitter?
Twitter is a social networking site where you can post news and messages that will be visible to your friends and family members who are following you. You can post messages called “tweets,” up to 140 characters in length.
Deleting Twitter Account from an iPhone
- To get rid of your Twitter account from an iPhone, you first need to go to Settings and from there find the Twitter app.
- Next, you must tap on the Twitter icon. It will display your Twitter account. If you have multiple Twitter accounts, it will display all of them.
- Then, choose the Twitter account you want to delete from your iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Twitter account name and tap on “Delete Account” that is displayed at the bottom of the screen in your iPhone.
- A confirmation message will be displayed, tap on “Delete Account” when prompted again.
You have successfully deleted your Twitter account from an iPhone.
But, what if you want to delete your Twitter account from an iPhone permanently? Then, you need to follow the steps given below.
Deleting Twitter Account from an iPhone Permanently
Before you delete your Twitter account from an iPhone permanently, you need to keep in mind that Twitter provides you with a grace period of 30 days to reactivate the account in case you have second thoughts about it. But if you do not take any action within these 30 days, it will permanently remove your Twitter account.
Steps to Permanently Delete Twitter Account from an iPhone
- Go to your browser, Safari or Google Chrome, and visit the site twitter.com.
- Then you must use your login credentials to log into your Twitter account.
- Next, tap on your profile picture to go to Settings.
- Now, choose the option “Deactivate My Account.”
- Once you have tapped on “Deactivate My Account,” Twitter will ask you to enter your password as a part of the verification process. Enter your password and confirm your action.
You have now successfully deactivated your Twitter account. Within a few minutes, your Twitter account will disappear. Twitter does claim that certain tweets you have posted earlier will be visible in twitter.com for a few days. Also, they do not confirm whether your tweets will be visible when searched using Google or Bing. In any case, after deactivating your Twitter account, within 30 days your account will be fully deleted.
Twitter is a very useful social networking platform that is used by millions of users worldwide. But, if you are determined that you want to delete your Twitter account from an iPhone, you can easily do that using the steps described above.