So you have your LG Optimus G, one among the most powerful smartphones currently in the market, waiting to get rooted, for more power. Wait no more and read on to find how to root your Sprint or AT&T LG Optimus G.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This guide will help you to root your Sprint or AT&T LG Optimus G. DO NOT try this method on any other variants of LG Optimus G. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Before we begin with the procedures to root your Sprint or AT&T LG Optimus G, be ready with the following:
- Download RootOptimusG-English.rar to your computer. Extract this file to any preferred location.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- LG USB drivers for Windows, if you are running Windows, or the drivers for Mac or Linux if you are running those. Install the drivers if you haven’t installed them already.
How To Root Sprint or AT&T LG Optimus G
Read on to find how you can get your Sprint or AT&T LG Optimus G rooted:
- Enable USB debugging (under Settings -> Developer Options) in your phone.
- Make sure that Unknown sources (under Settings -> Applications) is also enabled on your device.
- Power on the device if it’s not already on.
- Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Check that your device has been successfully detected by your computer.
- Open the RootOptimusG-English folder which you had extracted earlier.
- Run the file RootOptimusG.bat as Administrator (right-click -> Run as Administrator) after making sure that no other Android device is connected to your computer.
- When asked to confirm, press type y and press Enter.
- Press any key to continue, when you are prompted to do so.
- When presented with the option to “Restore your data“, tap the option “Restore my data” on your phone.
- Wait patiently till your phone reboots a number of times.
- After the process is completed, you can safely unplug your device.
Enjoy the power of root on your already powerful Sprint or AT&T LG Optimus G!