Have a Celkon A98 that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your A98, which will open the door to endless possibilities that you’ll be able to experience on your device.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Celkon A98 running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. is specifically for the Celkon A98.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
You’ll need a MicroUSB cable handy, and a Windows PC. You’ll need to download the Root package, save it to your Desktop, and extract it to a folder called ‘Root’. You can get the Root package by clicking on this link. You’ll also need to install your device’s USB drivers (if you haven’t already). You can download your Celkon A98′s drivers by clicking on this link.
USB Debugging should be enabled. You can enable USB debugging on your Celkon A98. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
How To Root Celkon A98
- Connect your Celkon A98 to your PC via the MicroUSB cable.
- Run the RunMe.bat file that can be found in the root package you extracted onto your Desktop. It’s located in the folder you named as ‘Root’.
- When the RunMe.bat file is running, select the option ‘normal mode‘, and then select the Root option.
- Rooting will then begin. Be patient and do not unplug your Celkon A98 from your PC, and do not turn your PC off.
- Rooting will soon be complete. When it does complete, reboot your device. When you log back into Android, your device will be rooted.
Enjoy a rooted Celkon A98.