Have a Alcatel One Touch 993D that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your One Touch, opening the door for custom roms, and even mods!
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Alcatel One Touch 993D running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. is specifically for the Alcatel One Touch 993D.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
You’ll need a MicroUSB cable handy. You’ll need to download the root package to the Desktop on your PC. Extract the root package by right-clicking and selecting ‘extract all’. You can download the root package by visiting this link. Make sure that you have the Alcatel usb drivers installed onto your computer.
If you have an MTK based Alcatel One Touch 933D you can get your drivers by visiting this link.
If you have anQualcomm based Alcatel One Touch 933D you can get your drivers by visiting this link.
How To Root Device
- Enable USB debugging on your Alcatel One Touch 993D. Do this by going to Settings, then Developer options, and then tick the box that says USB debugging.
- Connect your Alcatel One Touch 993D to your PC via the MicroUSB cable.
- Run the RunMe.bat file that was in the root package you extracted onto your Desktop.
- When the RunMe.bat file is running, select the option ‘normal mode‘, and then select the Root option.
- The rooting process will begin. Be patient and do not unplug your device.
- The rooting will eventually complete. When it does complete, reboot your device. When you log back into Android, your device will be rooted.
Enjoy a rooted Alcatel One Touch 993D.