How to root Prestigio PAP4040 on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich [Guide]September 7, 2013 0 Email article | Print article
Have a Prestigio PAP4040 that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Prestigio PAP4040, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Prestigio PAP4040 running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is specifically for the Prestigio PAP4040.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
In order for your device to register correctly on Windows, download the Prestigio drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The Prestigio USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your Prestigio PAP4040 needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be downloaded from this link.
How To Root Prestigio PAP4040
- Connect your Prestigio PAP4040 to your PC using your micro USB cable.
- Make sure that you have USB debugging enabled on your device.
- Navigate to the folder in which you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Find a file titled RunMe.bat and open it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that RunMe.bat gives. Read every detail carefully.
- After RunMe.bat finishes what it’s doing on your Prestigio PAP4040 you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted Prestigio PAP4040.