Have a ZTE Avid 4G that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your ZTE Avid 4G, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the ZTE Avid 4G running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is specifically for the ZTE Avid 4G.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
In order for your device to register correctly on Windows, download the ZTE drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The ZTE Avid 4G USB drivers will install themselves after plugging your ZTE Avid 4G into your PC.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be downloaded from this link.
How To Root ZTE Avid 4G
- Turn your ZTE Avid 4G off.
- Turn your ZTE Avid 4G back on using the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. Doing this will put your device into FTM mode.
- Connect your ZTE Avid 4G to your PC via the micro USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Find the file called root.bat and execute it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that root.bat gives you. Make sure you read every detail carefully.
- While root.bat is running, at some point your device will reboot itself. When it turns back on, be sure to press the Volume Down button. After turning back on, the rooting will continue.
- After root.bat finishes what it’s doing, reboot your ZTE Avid 4G again in normal mode. Once you’ve rebooted, your ZTE Avid 4G will have root!
Enjoy a rooted ZTE Avid 4G.