Have a Xperia Arc S that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Xperia Arc S, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Xperia Arc S running the stock Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Download the Xperia Arc S drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The Xperia Arc S USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your Xperia Arc S needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Enable unknown sources on your device. Do this by going to Settings, Security, and then Unknown sources.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be found by following this link.
This only works on the stock ICS firmware, if your Xperia Arc S is still running Gingerbread, install the Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update.
How To Root Sony Xperia Arc S
- Connect your Xperia Arc S to your PC using your micro USB cable.
- Check that you have USB debugging enabled.
- Navigate to the folder in which you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Inside the root package, find a file named Runme.bat and execute it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that RunMe.bat tells you. Be sure you read every detail.
- After Runme.bat finishes what it’s doing on your Xperia Arc S you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted Xperia Arc S.