If you have a rooted Android device, then one of the first things that you want to do is to install a custom recovery like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP. Installing a custom recovery allows you to perform various advanced tasks like re-partitioning your SD card, creating a nandroid backup, perform a factory reset as well as experimenting with different custom ROMs and kernels. Here’s a step-by-step guide which will help you install CWM or TWRP on your LG G Pad in a jiffy.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Your warranty may be voided by flashing custom recovery.
Before we begin, get ready with the following:
- Root your LG G Pad 8.3. If you haven’t already done so, you can refer to our step-by-step guide on how to root the LG G Pad 8.3
- Download and install LG USB drivers, if haven’t already done so.
- On your device, Go to Settings > About Device, and tap the Build Number 7 times. Now Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download the custom recovery of your choice. Clockworkmod | TWRP
- Make sure that your device is charged upto well above 50% to be on the safer side.
How To flash ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery on LG G Pad 8.3
- Download the custom recovery package of your choice to your computer. Extract the zip file to your desktop
- Make Sure USB Debug Mode is enabled on the tablet and plug it in to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open the lg_g_pad_8.3_v500_xxx folder you extracted in Step 1
- Double click the 1-click-twrp-recovery-installer.bat if you are installing TWRP OR 1-click-cwm-recovery-installer.bat file if you are installing CWM.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the flash
- Once CWM or TWRP is installed, your device will automatically reboot into Recovery Mode.
- Check out the options in the custom recover, and perform a full backup of your system.
Enjoy your new custom recovery on the LG G Pad 8.3. You are now all set to explore the world of custom ROMs for your device.