Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the required drivers for the Alcatel OneTouch Sonic here.
- Download ‘SRS Root‘ and save it on your computer.
HOW TO ROOT THE ALCATEL ONETOUCH SONIC
To root the Alcatel OneTouch Sonic, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your device. This can be found in Menu, Settings, then Developer options.
- Make sure that Unknown sources is also enabled on your device. This option can be found in Menu, Settings, then Security.
- Launch the SRS Root executable, and follow the steps for installation.
- Launch the newly installed SRS Root from the Start menu or desktop shortcut.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Select ‘Root Device (All Methods)’ in SRS Root to begin the rooting process.
- Reboot your device.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Alcatel OneTouch Sonic, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Alcatel OneTouch Sonic!