Giveaway of the day for May 28, 2010 is:
Cleanse Uninstaller Pro 6.5
Software description as per GOTD:
Cleanse Uninstaller Pro is the advanced uninstaller that finds and removes even the most stubborn software. Uninstall faster, easier and more completely than you do with other programs. No more problems with uninstalling!Using the Auto Find uninstall software function all you have to do is drag and drop the program’s icon you want to uninstall onto Cleanse Uninstallers icon and Cleanse will Auto Find the program in the uninstall list and start the advanced uninstall process.
CUP6.5 was last given out on Nov 26, 2009 as version 6.0. Ashraf reviewed it like he did other giveaways. Today’s version is 6.5. The following are the changes made in 6.5 as per the developer:
- GUI Updates.
- Burn File now supports drag and drop.
- Language file uppdates.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Local help file updated.
- Improvements to cleanup engine.
For information on rest of the program please refer back to Ashraf’s review of version 6.0.
“The Good”, “The Bad”, the scoring and the verdicts below are copied from the previous review. Note that they may be slightly outdated as I (Locutus) can not do a comprehensive check on the items.
Quick Pros and Cons
- Straightforward and fairly easy to use.
- Performs regular uninstall of programs, then searches for left over registry entries, files, and folders.
- Gives users ability to enable prompt to create restore restore before every uninstall.
- Can create full backup of registry.
- Can backup registry entries/files/folders before they are deleted.
- Has a handy “force uninstall” for programs not listed in uninstall list.
- Has *extra* tools: startup manager, junk file cleaner, and secure file deletion.
- Algorithm to search for left over registry entries can be improved.
- Although legacy files (for most people), IO.SYS and MSDOS.SYS are not necessarily “junk” files as listed under the Junk File Cleaner.
- Besides maximization, program window is not resizable.
- Program window always starts fully maximized.
- Does not automatically refresh the installed programs list when a new program is installed and the Cleanse Uninstaller is running.
Rating (out of 10)
Ease of Use
Point and click.
Performs pretty well in terms of uninstalling programs and finding left over registry entries, files, and folders. However the algorithm to find left over registry entries can be improved a little.
Everyone uninstalls programs on a frequent basis. This will be useful to most everyone.
$19.95 is a reasonable price.
To read the full review, please visit Ashraf’s post on version 6.5.
Cleanse Uninstaller Pro 6 does fairly well in terms of uninstalling programs so I give it a thumbs up. However there is definitely room for improvement, mostly in leftover registry scanning. That being said, my recommendation for today is RevoUninstaller if you want a program similar to Cleanse Uninstaller but a little bit more mature. Otherwise, if you have the patience, I recommend Ashampoo Uninstaller 3 over RevoUninstaller and Cleanse Uninstaller both because Ashampoo Uninstaller 3 does the best clean uninstalls out of all three programs. Personally, I use Ashampoo Uninstaller 3 and RevoUninstaller both.