- You must have the Galaxy Grand Duos with model number GT-I9082 and no other.
- You want the OS to be Android 4.2.2. Check that number by navigating over to the About Device menu.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB drivers for mobile phones from our link. Bookmark this page and reboot your computer for the new drivers to start working. Then continue on with the guide.
- You need to have a Windows PC to use this app.
- You shouldn’t lose your data by following the guide. However, we still recommend backing up the data just in case. Do that by using the internal storage.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS GT-I9082 IN ANDROID 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN
- Download the Root genius app from here to the desktop of your Windows PC.
- Run the Root genius program so it’s open and waiting.
- Connect the Duos smartphone to the computer via USB cable.
- Wait for the Root genius to detect your device.
- It will now say that it’s ready to root on the screen.
- Click the button on the bottom left in Android Green that says “Root It”.
- Sit back and wait until the app is done with your device.
- It shows a green progress bar at the bottom of the screen so you can see how it’s going.
- Your Duos smartphone should reboot when it’s done. If not do that manually. |
Now you are set to unplug from the Windows PC and head over to the Google Play store to install your root-only apps. You might wish to start by installing the root checker app and confirm it’s working.
Now you can find out how to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone so you can install custom kernels, custom ROMs, take complete backups, restore those same backups and much more!