The Samsung Galaxy E7 E700H is finding a new over the air update to firmware build XXU1AOAC on Android 4.4.4 KitKat software. If you have already updated your smartphone to that same build number listed above, you might be wishing to root it. Learn how to root Galaxy E7 E700H on XXU1AOAC firmware after the jump.
- Navigate over to Settings > About Device on your E7 smartphone and check the firmware build matches up with the same digits we have here.
- Stay at the same About Device menu and check you own the E700H model numbered E7 and not any other. That model number is very important, as using this guide on a different device can result in bricking.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB drivers that will work on your E7 smartphone by clicking on the Samsung USB Drivers link on this page. You must restart your computer for those rivers to start working so bookmark this page and come back to it.
- Understand that you are voiding the warranty of your E7 smartphone by following the guide below.
- You must have a Windows PC to use the guide as the tool we are using doesn’t work with any other operating system.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY E7 E700H ON ANDROID 4.4.4 XXU1AOAC
- Download both following files to the desktop of your Windows PC:
- Download the CF-Auto-root tool you need from here.
- Download the version of Odin you want to use from here.
- Unzip both files that are on the desktop so you can use the executable files inside.
- Completely Power off the E7 smartphone now by holding down the Power key for 15 seconds and releasing.
- Boot it up whilst holding down the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time until you see some text and a warning triangle come up on the display. Now press the Volume Up key from that screen and you’ll be in Download Mode ready to connect to the computer.
- Connect the E7 to the computer now using the USB cable.
- Your device will now be detected by Odin if the USB drivers are working.
- Click the PDA button and upload the CF-Root file from the rooting file unzipped on the desktop.
- Click the start button and wait until it flashes.
- The E7 reboots automatically when it’s finished and then you are safe to unplug from the computer.