The YU Yureka is a popular device in markets outside of the US, but it isn’t popular enough to get timely updates. Thanks to Android’s third-party developer scene, owners don’t have to fret about that as much as they normally would. Now you can flash CM12S based on Android Lollipop and do it yourself instead of waiting for your phone carrier or manufacturer to help you out.
The Micromax company make a few different phones. You’ll need to use this guide on the YU Yureka only.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- The warranty is voided by following this guide. You cannot flash a custom ROM, install a custom recovery or anything unofficial without voiding the warranty.
- Download the YU USB Drivers on your computer before starting if you think they might be out of date. Now reboot your computer to have those drivers working and continue with the guide.
- Setup ADB on a Windows PC by following the guide in the link and then come back to this guide.
- Enable the Developer Options by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > Enable the USB Debugging by checking that box. If you cannot see any Developer Options menu, you’ll want to tap on the build number 7 times from the About Device menu.
- Enable the Advanced reboot option from the Developer Options menu.
HOW TO INSTALL YU YUREKA TWRP RECOVERY FOR CM12S LOLLIPOP
- Download the File manager app.
- Download TWRP Recovery and extract to the desktop (unzip) but keep it inside the folder.
- Create a folder named TWRP in the internal SD card if you don’t have one already. if you do have one already you can use that.
- Create a folder named theme and copy this UI.zip file to there.
- Reboot the Yuerka to fastboot mode.
- – hold down the power key and wait for the pop-up, tap reboot followed by bootloader. Now you are in Fastboot mode.
- Connect the Yureka to the computer.
- Go to the folder where you have the TWRP recovery_yutwrp64.img file and right-click while holding Shift, now select to open the command prompt from the menu that pops up.
- Type this command : “fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_yutwrp64.img”
- Press enter
- Wait for it to finish and then type this command: fastboot reboot
- Press enter
That’s it! Now you have TWRP recovery installed for your CM12S custom ROM.