Since Evernote is a cross-platform application for creating and sharing notes, it offers the flexibility that other notepad apps do not have. Speaking of which, it also has a feature that allows you to create notes without actually opening the Evernote app. You can do it just by sending a simple email and here’s how you can get it done.
How to create and send notes via email to Evernote
- Assuming that you already have the Evernote app on your device, just open it and then on the main menu, go to “Settings”.
- On the settings page, go to the “General” tab and then select “Account Info”.
- Under account info, find and select “Evernote email” from the list of options.
- Now, select and take note of your Evernote email. You can just select “Add to Contacts” to instantly add your Evernote email to your list of contacts.
- Once you’ve saved a copy of your Evernote email, you may close the app.
- Now, let’s just say that you’re using a device without Evernote. It can be your backup phone or your computer. To create a note, all you need is to open a memo app or email app.
- Create the note that you want using your memo app or email app.
- After you’re done, just send the note that you’ve created to the Evernote email that you’ve noted above. Your Evernote email usually ends in @m.evernote.com.
- That’s it. Upon sync, the note that you’ve created will automatically appear on your notes list. You can confirm it by checking your notes using the app.