If you are still wondering why you might want to root Asus Zenpad S 8.0 Z580C tablets, I’m about to give you one of the top reasons: Full!screen. The Full!screen app takes away your navigation bar so you can use all of the Zenpad screen real estate on your device for those times when you would prefer having every inch available.
- These are the instructions to root Asus Zenpad S 8.0 Z580C devices only. Do not try these steps on any other devices.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should always backup your device before going ahead and rooting it just to make sure you do not lose any data. The following method to root the Asus Zenpad should not delete your data automatically. However, if you happen to soft-brick your device, you might want to hard reset it and not try fixing it via a more technical method. It’s during those hard reset times where you do wipe all data on the device and you cannot restore that same data again unless you backed up earlier.
- You must have a Windows PC to use this guide.
HOW TO ROOT ASUS ZENPAD S 8.0 Z580C
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on the Zenpad by navigating to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the Intel-Android package from this link.
- Download the SuperSU by Chainfire from this link.
- Learn how to set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Download the universal ADB drivers on your computer.
- Once you have set up the ADB and Fastboot on your computer, install the universal ADB drivers on the computer and then move to the next step.
- Connect the Asus Zenpad S 80 Z580C to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the SuperSU package to the root of the SD card internal storage of the Zenpad device.
- Extract the Intel-Android package by moving it to the desktop and then right-click over the file and choosing the “extract here” option.
- Open that same Intel folder and hold Shift and right-click the mouse and choose to open a new command window here from the menu.
- Type the first command and hit Enter :
- Click the Launcher.bat file that is found inside the same extracted folder.
- Wait until it says your device is detected. Now select T2 and Enter.
- Wait for the device to boot into the custom recovery after about five minutes.
- Use the Volume keys to navigate through the recovery menu and choose the Install option to browse the SD card and then install the SuperSU file.
- Confirm you do want to install the SuperSU file and choose the ‘reboot system now’ option from the main recovery menu when you’re done.
- The SuperSU is what is going to keep your device safe by stopping malware from penetrating through your root file system unless you were to grant the malware access manually.
You might want to open the Google Play Store app on your Zenpad device and browse for the Full!screen app we mentioned earlier. You will find Full!screen and many other apps for your rooted device available for free.