The LG F6 smartphone is lucky enough to have a working rooting method and a custom recovery available. Back when the F6 handset first came out, people were rooting it using the Towelroot application by GeoHot. However, the Towelroot exploit was later patched and any time you updated above that patch meant you could no longer take advantage of that same Towelroot exploit unless you downgraded. To save you from having to downgrade, you can now use the Root Genius application and our guide show you how that’s done.
- You can only follow this guide using the LG F6 smartphone and not any other devices from the LG range. Most devices require separate files and tools.
- You should have rooted the LG F6 smartphone before you start installing the custom recovery on the device. Follow our guide for getting root access and then come back here and continue the guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you backup the LG F6 data before starting the guide.
- Installing a custom recovery such as TWRP on the LG F6 will void the warranty on your device. You can flash the stock recovery back on the F6 device later and the warranty will start working again. Since you rooted the F6 handset before installing the custom recovery, you’ll also need to revoke that root access for the warranty to work. You can often kill two birds with one stone and flash a stock Rom on an Android device to solve both those problems, but you’ll need to research what’s possible on the LG F6 device.
HOW TO FLASH TWRP RECOVERY ON LG F6 BY METROPCS
- Download the TWRP recovery from here directly to the computer.
- Download the Gametheory recovery app from the Google Play Store directly on your F6 smartphone.
- Connect the LG F6 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the custom recovery file to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your F6 smartphone from the computer.
- Tap on the Recovery app by Gamethory and choose to boot the F6 in recovery mode.
- Choose the apply update from the SD card from the recovery mode.
- Upload your TWRP recovery file and confirm you do want to flash the same when it asks you on the display.
You have just finished learning how to flash TWRP recovery on LG G6 smartphones. The custom recovery completely wipes and replaces the stock recovery on your device and you can use it to install custom ROMs. Those of you who are not interested in flashing new ROMs might want to check out what taking a complete backup with the NANDroid feature is all about. Additionally, you can use your new recovery to literally recover the device just like you could from the stock version.