Installing a custom recovery on the LeEco Le Max 2 smartphone is going to give you the ability to take full backups from the recovery partition without the need of doing anything else like installing apps or using the ADB commands from a computer. In addition to the NANDROid option, you can start installing your aftermarket firmware and kernels once you have a custom recovery working and then root the device. With regards to the custom recovery, we are installing Team Win’s TWRP on the Le Max 2 smartphone–the best custom recovery partition out there in the world.
Here is everything you need to install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2 smartphone so you can use your new recovery partition as is or head onto the next guide to find out how to root the smartphone:
- The following guide is only going to work for the LeEco Le Max 2 smartphone. Do not follow this guide using another version of the Le Max handsets or else you will probably brick it.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu if it is currently hidden on the Le Max 2 handset by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number at least seven times. Keep tapping until the Android operating systems bring up a message on the display that says you are now using the device as a developer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the LeEco smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO FLASH TWRP RECOVERY ON LEECO LE MAX
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the LeEco Le Max 2 smartphone from here. (Click on the direct link given by the original poster on the forum).
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer by using our detailed guide by Ashraf and then come back and continue with this tutorial.
- Extract the custom recovery and copy all of the contents of the TWRP folder to the Fastboot folder, so everything is in the one directory.
- Connect the LeEco Le Max 2 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Open the Fastboot and TWRP folder and hold the Shift key on the keyboard and right-click the mouse anywhere where it shows your white background inside the folder.
- Choose to open a new command window here from the many you get.
- Type the command: “adb reboot bootloader” to get your phone into the bootloader mode.
- Type the next command: “fastboot devices” to check that fastboot does, in fact, recognize your device and everything is hooked up correctly.
- Type the command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash the custom recovery to your Le Max 2 smartphone.
- Enter the final command when the flashing is complete: “fastboot reboot” and then hold the hardware button combination for the recovery mode as soon as your phone first-time boots.
Now that you have TWRP up and running, you can find out everything you need to root the LeEco Le Max 2 smartphone by using the right version of the SuperSU application from your new recovery partition.