Most mobile devices that run Android come with a recovery mode that is developed by Android developers. The recovery environment is known as the stock recovery, and it is accessed by pressing a certain button combination depending on what device you have in your hands. A stock recovery is ideal for recovering a device and doing other things like flashing OTA updates. For everyone who needs to flash a custom ROM or kernel then, a custom recovery must be used.
Here is everything that you need to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei Y6 smartphone so you can flash your custom firmware and do other things like getting root access to the internal system:
- You must unlock the Huawei Y6 bootloader before you can follow this guide and install a custom recovery on the smartphone.
- You can only follow this guide if you have a Windows computer. The version of ADB in this guide works on a Windows operating system only. You can find other versions of ADB out there to install, but they require different files and different commands when entering the commands from the command prompt. That is why we do not put them all into the one guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Huawei Y6 smartphone if you have not got it unlocked already and then enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HUAWEI Y6
- Download the TWRP Recovery 3.0 for the Huawei Y6 smartphone directly to the computer.
- Setup up ADB on Windows and install the Universal Windows ADB Driver and then come back and continue with this guide when you are done.
- Open the Downloads folder on the PC and then copy the TWRP file over to the same folder as the ADB.
- Extract the TWRP file inside the ADB folder so you have everything in the one directory.
- Connect the Huawei Y6 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that you use to charge the battery.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click the white background inside the TWRP and ADB folder where there are no files and a new menu opens.
- Choose to open a command window here from that menu.
- Type the first command into the command line:”adb reboot bootloader” and the Y6 phone gets into the bootloader mode where it is now ready for the flashing of the custom recovery.
- Type the second command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and the custom recovery gets flashed on the Y6 smartphone.
- Enter the last command: “fastboot reboot” and as soon as it begins to reboot, hold down the hardware button combination that boots the Huawei Y6 into the stock recovery mode and the custom recovery boots up since it is flashed over the stock version now.
In conclusion, that is how to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Y6 smartphones by using Android Debug Bridge from a computer that is running on a Windows operating system. It is recommended that you boot into the custom recovery during the first-time boot so that the stock recovery does not wipe over what you just flashed. You can boot it back into the normal mode now from the recovery menu or continue using the custom recovery.