Paragon Software wants to prove to you that misaligned partitions has a significant detrimental effect on your computer’s performance. To do so, for a limited time – until July 31, 2010 – Paragon is giving away a free 10 page eBook (“Partition Alignment Dramatically Increases System Performance”) and their Paragon Alignment Tool ($29.95 value). Here is Paragon’s sales pitch to show why you need Paragon Alignment Tool:
The problem of inevitable degradation of the disk subsystem performance caused by misaligned partitions dates back to the nineties. From being a headache for IT administrators who wanted to get the most out of disk arrays, it’s become crucial for all of us with appearance of SSD (solid state drive) and ultra high-capacity hard drives. Moreover, the growing popularity of virtualized systems has aggravated the situation even more. Does the problem that bad? Just see it for yourself:
Obviously misalignment of logical partition sectors and actual physical sectors leads to redundant read/write operations, which is critical for overall performance, and with SSD, for its lifespan as well. With our PAT (Paragon Alignment Tool) you can forget about these problems once and for all. It will help you align partitions on physical and virtual disks according to internal device’s geometry without affecting the on-disk data.
Why Paragon Alignment Tool
- The only tool that alligns partitions in a single operation
- Guarantees safety for the on-disk system and data
- Boosts performance of disk subsystems up to 3 times
- Significantly increases endurance of SSD drives
- Aligns partitions inside virtual containers and the host
- Aligns partitions on ultra high-capacity 4K hard disks
- All our flagship products include this utility by default
If you want Paragon Alignment Tool – and the eBook – follow these directions:
Version being given out for free: v2.0
Free updates: Unknown
Supported OS: Unknown
Download size: 29.7 MB
- Visit the eBook/Paragon Alignment Tool promotion page and fill out the form:
Since Paragon Alignment Tool is aimed at businesses, the form asks you for a “Company Name”; if you are using Paragon Net Burner for home, just put something like “Home Use”.
- Check the inbox of the e-mail you registered with. There should be an e-mail from “email@example.com” with the subject of “Paragon Software Group – Paragon Alignment Tool 2.0 Special Edition (English)”. In the e-mail you will find the link to the eBook, link to download Paragon Alignment Tool, and your registration information for Paragon Alignment Tool:
- Download and install Paragon Alignment Tool. During installation you will be promoted to enter the registration information you received via e-mail:
Enter the registration information and finish installing.
If you have any trouble getting the eBook or Paragon Alignment Tool for free, post below and I will try to help.