Update: This promotion is now over. Sorry to those that missed it! To avoid missing promotions in the future, consider subscribing to dotTech: RSS Feed | E-mail | Twitter | Facebook.
Knock, knock. Who’s there? Returnil. Returnil, who? Returnil System Safe Pro 2011, that’s who!
Last year dotTech joined forces with Returnil to bring everyone 1 year license of Return Virtual System Home Lux 2010 for free. This year we are doing it again; except this time around it is with Returnil System Safe Pro 2011, the successor of Returnil Virtual System Home Lux 2010.
Before I go into the details of how to take advantage of this freebie, let me talk a little bit about Returnil products for the benefit of the very few that don’t know already. Returnil offers a unique security solution via their various different products; their software protects computers in an unorthodox – but effective – manner. They use a powerful combination of anti-virus, anti-malware, and a virtual system to protect your computer from all types of viruses and unwanted system changes. The traditional security software like avast!, Avira, AVG, Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee, NOD32, etc. actively, and on demand, detect and remove infected files. Returnil products, on the other hand, use a two-pronged offensive against the malware problem:
- Virtual System – Returnil products creates a “virtual copy” of your main system partition (the partition which you have Windows installed) and whatever changes are made to your computer are dumped when you restart your computer (there are opinions to tweak how it does that, but generally speaking, that is how it works).
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware – Returnil products also includes the traditional anti-virus/anti-malware live protection and on-demand scanning features.
Because of this two-pronged approach which incorporates traditional and innovative protection capabilities, if used properly, a user can keep his/her computer 100% clean with Returnil products. If you desire more detailed information, feel free to read dotTech’s full review on Returnil Virtual System 2010 Home Lux.
You may notice I keep referring to “Returnil products”, as opposed to just Returnil System Safe Pro 2011. The reason for this is Returnil has different versions of its software – each having a different mix of features – depending on the type of user you are (both of the following charts created by Returnil):
Business, Public Access & Education Users
As you can see from the chart, there is an always free version for home users, Returnil System Safe Free 2011. Returnil System Safe Pro 2011, on the other hand, would typically cost you almost $40… but for a limited time you can get it for free! These are the features of Returnil System Safe Pro 2011, as per the developer:
To get a 1 year license of Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 for free, follow these simple directions:
Version being given out for free: v3.2.10853.5462-REL7
Free updates: Yes, for one year
Supported OS: Windows XP and higher
Download size: 34.7 MB
Giveaway limitation: This freebie is for non-commercial use only.
Giveaway time-frame: This giveaway ends 24:00 PST December 19, 2010. After December 19, 2010 you will no longer be able to grab the 1 year license. Also note that while you should be able to activate the license whenever you want, the license has no shelf-life – it will expire on December 18, 2011 regardless of if you use it or not.
- Fill out the the following form (note all data via the following form goes to Returnil, not dotTech):
NOTE: This promotion is available to everyone (for non-commercial use); however this is a dotTech.org promotion. Please do not directly link to the following form. Rather, if you want to share this offer with others, provide a permalink (alternatives link) to this article. Thanks!
[iframe https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/returnil.com/embeddedform?formkey=dHJBMW5tWmRxdVplbkphR0dRdEFRLUE6MQ 500px 780px]
- Once you submit the form, you should be given a license code:
Copy the license code – you will need it soon.
- Download and install Returnil System Safe 2011.
- After installation, you will be asked to restart your computer; restart your computer.
- After your computer has restarted, run Returnil System Safe 2011 and register it using the serial number you were given earlier:
Take note that if you don’t register it you will be using Returnil System Safe Free 2011, which is always available for free but doesn’t have as many features as Returnil System Safe Pro 2011.
- Finish the initial setup.
- After the initial setup has finished, look at the bottom left of Returnil System Safe’s main program window. If it says (registration request pending)…
… you need to wait a few minutes while Returnil’s registration servers recognize your registration. When your registration is recognized you will get a popup message telling you so and the bottom left corner should say Registered Pro version:
Once it says Registered version, you are good to go!
Take note, your initial registration may fail if you did not do it properly. (It took me two times to properly register.) If the bottom left corner says Free version that means your registration failed and you will not be able to use the Returnil System Safe Pro features. If this happens to you, click on Register and try to register the program again. Make sure you don’t include any spaces after the registration code and use the same name and e-mail address you used when filling out the registration form earlier.
- (Optional) As a way of thanking Returnil for this freebie, please provide them with feedback regarding their software in the comments below. Feedback can be anything including but not limited to bugs fixes, desired features, desired changes, ways to improve the program, input on the current price, etc.
If you have any trouble getting 1 year of Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 for free, post below and other dotTechies or I will try to help.