The following is a description of Using iOS: Your Guide to the Latest and Greatest Mobile Operating System, as per the authors:
Learn all about iOS 5, the latest operating system for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
If you’ve upgraded but aren’t sure what’s new, or are considering upgrading but want to know what you’re getting into, this manual from author Lachlan Roy is what you looking for: Using iOS: Your Guide to the Latest and Greatest Mobile Operating System. When Apple released the iPhone back in 2007, it was different to anything else on the market. It wasn’t the first touch screen phone, but it was the first one to be so pretty. But as gorgeous as the hardware was, that wasn’t what made the iPhone so great, or what shook the cell phone industry. It was the software which made the iPhone what it was.
Now iOS 5 has been released, providing updates, tweaks and brand new features to make the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad even better and easier to use than before. Want to know what it brings to the table? Download this manual to find out. Download this free MakeUseOf guide to learn:
- What iOS 5 is, and which devices you can use it on
- New features in iOS 5, from reminders to Twitter integration
- Mastering the new, Android-style dashboard
- Using the new messaging to send texts for free over WiFi, even from an iPod touch
- Device-specific features, from Siri to iCloud: what it is and what it does
Using iOS: Your Guide to the Latest and Greatest Mobile Operating System is a 16-page eBook by the folks at MakeUseOf. I haven’t read it since I don’t own an iOS device and as such cannot tell you how good or bad it is. If you read it, feel free to post in the comments below what you think about it.
This freebie is sponsored by MakeUseOf themselves but it is being offered for free through TradePub, an online magazine publisher. There is no information on how long this promotion will be live but I believe this is a permanent freebie.
Before I tell you exactly how to get this eBook for free, I must warn you the form TradePub asks you to fill out is very, very, very extensive. So either you must be willing to provide a lot of data about yourself to TradePub or you must be willing to… lie. Now I am not encouraging people to input false information (dotTech and Ashraf are not responsible for any fraud you commit); I am just saying it is possible. Also note if you have a LinkedIn account you can login with that.
That said, to get Using iOS: Your Guide to the Latest and Greatest Mobile Operating System for free, do the following:
- Visit the promotion page and register (or login, either with your TradePub or LinkedIn account):
- Check the inbox of the e-mail address you registered with. Look for an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of Download Your Requested Makeuseof.com Guide. In the e-mail you will find a link to download Computing Harmony: How To Seamlessly Blend Windows and OS X:
The eBook is in PDF format. If you have a PDF reader plugin installed in your browser the eBook will open directly inside your browser. If this is the case for you and you would rather save the eBook directly onto your hard drive all you have to do is right-click the CLICK HERE link and click on Save Link As… (or the Save Link As… equivalent for your browser). This will download the eBook directly onto your computer.
If you have trouble getting this eBook for free, post below and other dotTechies or I will try to help.